Writing the Natural Way
WE WILL MAKE THIS JOURNEY TOGETHER
Creativity comes from the Earth, but we can invite it and guide its arrival. We know how life gets in the way in familiar surroundings and “stuff happens”. We set those cares aside for you, so you can hone your writing skills or just seek a quiet time to work on your book.
EAST OF THE SUN, WEST OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
YOUR SHORTCUT TO STORYTELLING
As a part of Write Fresh Ink and you will:
- enhance your non-fiction, poetry or fiction writing skills
- be guided with craft sessions and a one-on-one consultation
- explore a wide range of writing tools from characterization and plotting to sentence revision
- be energized by an inspiring place
- work alone and together with confidence and support.
- inspiring travel experiences
We inherit the stories of those who came before, and we make sense of our own experiences by constructing a narrative that holds them and holds us, together.
The Write Fresh Ink retreat has been created to energize and support the creative, intellectual and personal growth of emerging and established authors. Come and write in a land of forests and lakes called Belarus. In this young yet ancient land, culture and natural space have always renewed each other.
Between the Belarussian forest and the water, under the open sky between the East and West, you will receive expert, individualized guidance in your craft, with many opportunities to explore both its ancient roots and its emerging future.
Get it all out and then come back to get it right.
Writing Fresh Ink in The Garden East of the Sun and West of the Moon is a Balanced Experience. This workshop combining quality mentorship and unique historical environments will bring writers to their creative objectives.
WHY GO WITH US?
WE'RE MIND OPENING
- Small classes (nine writers in total).
- Daily writing sessions, with hands-on practical skills.
- Openness to writers and poets of any level of skill, interest and experience, and an ability to take them all forward.
- Cheerful vibes.
- Daily dynamic meditations.
- Guided walks, by interest, with immersion in the skills of reading nature and transferring it to your work.
- Support for the exchange of ideas between participants.
- One-on-one consultations.
- Public readings to share and grow together as you prepare to take our retreat back to the world.
- Customized travel experiences: tea party with babushkas? Or a rejuvenating Spanish face massage in downtown Minsk? And what’s that coffee with balsam?
MOMENTS WITHIN THE CHARM AND EASE
OF TRADITIONAL SLAVIC HOSPITALITY
SAVE THE DATE
The next retreat in Kaptaruni, Belarus: June 1st-10th, 2020; in Nerja, Spain: November 16th-26th, 2020
Have you ever wondered what makes a scene or dialogue of a story fall flat? When the element of the story falls flat, we feel like it’s lacking something. Drive? Personalities? Depth? It’s unclea...read more
Writer’s retreat in Spain is already an adventure, and since Andalucia is a concentration of spectacular places to visit, what about adding a 7-day road trip? Needless to say, car rental starts at 3...read more